In preparation for your trip:
- Make sure you are meeting NU's Connectivity Requirements. See Orientation #2 for into about cell phones and the possibilities.
- Please install WhatsApp messaging app on your phone. This is available for both Android and iPhone (links below). It is a free app and it is free to use. Jeannie will send out an initial WhatsApp message to confirm that it is working for you. You will need to respond to this message.
- Learn how to download local maps on Google Maps (instructions for both Android & iOS) or other map service at you use if that option is provided. When we arrive in each new city throughout our trip, students should download the local map of that city as soon as they can. Doing so will ensure that you have GPS even if you don't have a good cell phone signal.
- Letters of Enrollment is in the Application System. Students should print this out as they will need it to show Customs when we enter Ireland.
- Make sure you have all the documents you need: the Letter of Enrollment, your passport (take a picture of photo page and leave with someone at home), and your student ID.
- Decide where you will keep your passport during the flight and stick with this ONE place. Once your passport has been given back to you by airport or security personnel, take your time to put the passport away. Don't worry about lines or people being annoyed because a lost passport is a big deal.